Sunday, March 10, 2013

February's CQJP block

We're a third of the way through March and I am finally posting last month's block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project. I didn't set out to make an all-pink block, especially since I'm not actually big into Valentine's Day, but I discovered I have a lot of pretty pinks in my stash (which was still unpacked at the apartment even though we'd been there almost 6 months-have I mentioned I hate unpacking?).  

Once I realized this was going to be all pink, I decided to offset it with all black embellishments. 


I love how it turned out. Once I find my box of crafting stuff I might add some beads to the almost white patch on the left. It's actually three pieces of the same fabric, so there were three seams to decorate, but since I didn't think to keep out anything other than my black floss it ended up kind of plain compared to the rest.

I haven't pieced March's yet; since the first to blocks were mainly just one color I am probably going to continue the monochrome theme.  Although it really matters on what I find in the first box I touch this afternoon--it may be a mix of colors instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment