Saturday, January 5, 2013

List & Resolution Limericks

This week at MadKane's weekly Limerick-Off, there are two different themes to play with.

Her normal first line challenge is to use one of the following lines as the starting point for the limerick:

"A fellow was making a list"
or
"A woman was making a list"

Her second option this week is to create any limerick relating to New Year's resolutions.

This week, I am entering one of each. First, my resolutions related limerick:

Every year a man made it his goal
To see his team win the big Bowl,
He'd be ever so cross
when they suffered a loss
And would take weeks just to console.

And my list making limerick:

A woman was making a list
of reasons to avoid slitting a wrist,
or sitting on the edge
of a high window ledge,
and realized her point might be missed.

If I was in the resolution making mood, I'd resolve to enter the Limerick-Off sooner than two hours before the deadline, but I'm likely to break it. :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Thanks so much for your fun, straggler entries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael: They are great! The woman list making really is a powerful/strong one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one sounds like my DH, or most men out there... The second one is unusual as a limerick, but speaks volumes. Nicely done! I do enjoy your limericks!

    ReplyDelete